Here's what a typical post-work evening looked like for me a few weeks ago:
- Commute home on the MBTA (if you live in Boston, you know what this entails)
- Get home feeling drained from commute, pour wine or fix cocktail
- Consider dinner, run dogs out
- Feed dogs
- Eat... something... cereal? cheese and crackers? sandwich? ehhh, whatever
- Get in bed and read until I fall asleep
What does an evening look like now?
- Go to yoga at 5:30pm
- get home around 7:15pm
- Make some dinner, this week it's 1/4 roasted spaghetti squash with spinach and marinara
- Walk Huxley
- Shower and get ready for bed
- Read and try to be asleep by 10:30pm
Sleeping is hard for me. I struggle with insomnia, and I think I have more sleepless nights than restful nights. I am able to fall asleep, but I usually wake up around 2am and will be awake until my alarm goes off at 5:30am. This is the one thing that has not improved with exercise, and I had hoped it would be one of the benefits. I am spending more time keeping clear and focused in my classes, in hopes that will carry into the nighttime hours.
I am going to try meditating next- does anyone have suggestions?